National PA Week kicks off this Friday, October 6. If you could use a few suggestions for ways to recognize the physician assistants (PAs) at your organization or have not fully firmed up plans, read on.
The following ideas can be implemented without much planning and time, and will be appreciated by the PAs you employ, as well as those who practice locum tenens at your hospital, practice, health system, clinic, or urgent care center. What’s more, there are options for every budget that can be used to honor a group of PAs or a single advanced practitioner.
- Personally thank all of your healthcare organization’s PAs for their contributions and for expanding the delivery of quality care at your facility. Ask members of your staff to express their genuine gratitude to these professionals, too. Often, a simple and sincere “thank you for all you do” becomes the most cherished gesture of all.
- Hold a PA Week Luncheon. Offer healthy options, and invite physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and other staff to participate, too, if they wish, by chipping in or contributing a homemade item, side dish, snack, or refreshments. Alternatively, you could host a breakfast, potluck dinner, or post-work get-together.
- Consider presenting PAs with a small token or gift. It is a thoughtful way to commemorate this special week and could be anything from membership in the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)—for providers who do not already belong—to a wireless key tracker, a PA coffee mug, flowers, and/or a heartfelt card.
- Arrange for a special treat, such as a mini-massage from a certified massage therapist, mobile car washing services, or dry cleaning drop off and delivery. Everyone enjoys a little pampering and these kinds of personal services are often more affordable than many people think.
- Get social. If feasible, utilize your healthcare organization’s social media sites to spread the word about PA Week. From October 6 – 12, use the hashtag #PAweek in social posts to highlight the profession and PAs’ important contributions. Check out AAPA’s website for images and inspiration.
No matter how you choose to observe National PA Week, your PAs will be grateful for your support and acknowledgement of the value they bring to your organization and healthcare on the whole.
Discover how Medicus Healthcare Solutions can help you with your staffing needs by calling 855-301-0563 to speak with an experienced business development executive today.