Whether you are the manager of a large multi-specialty practice or a small medical office, you have the crucial responsibility of overseeing the business side of healthcare delivery. Moreover, you must continuously seek ways to innovate, improve operations, and stay abreast of industry trends.
To help you keep up to date with the latest news, developments, and more, we have compiled a list of relevant websites and blogs. In addition to providing valuable information and tools, they are sure to spark inspiration and new solutions.
- Getting Paid: Produced by medical software company Kareo, this weblog presents insights, tips, and news that directly pertain to practice management. Its key objectives are making medical billing less complicated and—as the name of the portal suggests—helping you get paid.
- Medicus Healthcare Solutions Blog: We may be partial, but if you use or want to learn about locum tenens staffing, consulting services, project and resource management, and/or permanent placement services, our blog provides practical tips and a wealth of information. Recent posts include “How to Attract and Retain Seasoned Medical Professionals,” “6 Things Administrators Want from Locum Tenens Staffing Companies,” and “Reducing Seasonal Vacancy Rates with Locum Tenens Services.”
- MGMA Connection Plus: This site provides a central location for the Medical Group Management Association’s (MGMA) editorial coverage of practice management issues, from risk and compliance management to patient-centered care. It includes blog posts, multimedia content, and all articles published in MGMA Connection and Executive View
- Reed Tinsley, CPA, Forms and Checklists: The Houston-based healthcare accountant and business advisor provides links and free downloads to myriad forms, checklists, and spreadsheets—such as a record retention list, patient no-show tracking worksheet, and physician consultation request form—that could prove useful to decision makers who manage a medical practice.
- Road to 10: The Small Physician Practice’s Route to ICD-10: ICD coding flexibility will end Saturday, October 1, 2016. This website offers webcasts, specialty-specific training tools, reference guides, case studies, and more to help you to establish that your clinical documentation supports the code set.
Just a click away
To ensure quality care for patients, as well as your organization’s overall success, you have to be well versed in a variety of areas, from human resources and marketing to financial management and technology. Whenever you come across advantageous practice-specific resources—like those highlighted in this post—consider bookmarking them. This habit will ensure your access to pertinent, beneficial data is always just a click away.
To learn how Medicus Healthcare Solutions can benefit your medical practice, call 855-301-0563 to speak with one of our experienced representatives.