As a chief decision maker at your facility, you oversee the services your organization provides and are responsible for a range of duties—from managing the financial budget to arranging for locum tenens staffing services. You know, firsthand, how important it is to keep up with developments in healthcare, from proposed legislation to technological breakthroughs.
To help you stay informed, we scoured the internet for sites particularly beneficial to hospital executives and other healthcare industry leaders. Here are five that provide useful tools and/or the latest news.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Part of the Becker’s Healthcare portfolio, which includes Becker’s ASC Review and three other trade publications, it is an excellent source of cutting-edge business and legal information relating to hospitals and health systems. Its content is geared toward CEOs, CFOs, COOs, and other C-suite leaders.
- Healthcare Finance: Part of HIMSS Media, it is a good source for developments in healthcare finance. Its award-winning editors provide breaking news, comprehensive reports, analysis, and best practices on a variety of compelling topics, from physician relations to quality and safety.
- Medicus Healthcare Solutions: Our company has provided locum tenens staffing and permanent placement services to hospitals and other facilities throughout the United States for more than a decade. Subsequent to our launch—recognizing the limitations of traditional locum tenens staffing practices—we pioneered project and resource management services to offer more complete solutions to healthcare organizations facing staffing shortages and other service line challenges. Consulting services are offered as well, and you can find valuable content on the blog, created especially with hospital administrators in mind.
- Modern Healthcare: Through a weekly print magazine, e-newsletters, and mobile products, it covers the events and trends that pertain to healthcare business, policy news, and research. In-depth analysis is provided, as well as a look into what’s expected next, to give readers a better understanding of the impact that issues will have on their organizations and the industry at large.
- Ragan’s Health Care Communication News: Updated daily, Monday through Friday, this site features the latest news in social media, marketing, health communications, physicians, mobile health, and more. Apart from delivering “must read” stories, its publishers present monthly webinars.
Evaluate and add
To make sure you are always able to present the best solutions for patients and staff alike, recurrently evaluate your list of resources. Then, add the websites you visit regularly—and those you plan to frequent—to your “favorites” tab or bookmarks bar/menu. This practice will put preferred resources at your fingertips whenever you wish to access them.