A form of telehealth, telepsychiatry enables hospitals and mental health facilities throughout the country to increase patients’ access to psychiatric services. This is especially true for healthcare organizations situated in medically underserved areas that are challenged by the lack of psychiatrists and advanced practitioners who specialize in mental and behavioral health and live in these communities. Facilities without the need for a full-time clinician—or those that only require staffing assistance when permanent staff is ill or on vacation—can profit from the services of a locum tenens telepsychiatrist, too.
Here, we highlight a number of the advantages hospital administrators and other healthcare leaders should expect when partnering with a reputable company that offers a TelePsych staffing solution:
- Acceleration of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and disposition of patients in your practice setting. Patients could be seen in a more timely manner and certainly faster than if they had to travel to a location in another area or state. Moreover, they would receive care in a familiar setting and wouldn’t have to compromise their health by forgoing or putting off needed services should they not have the means or ability to travel.
- Resources to help your healthcare organization provide improved continuity of quality care as well as a greater scope of services. What’s more, offering a TelePsych solution to patients would positively impact your bottom line, increasing both inpatient and outpatient revenue at your facility.
- Equipment for TelePsych services provided when and where you need it. This includes an encrypted Apple MacBook Pro for providers, an Apple iPad Air or iPad Pro for the facility, and a telehealth iPad cart.
- Ability for onsite staff to easily connect with the locum tenens TelePsych professional via audio and video. Among the key features a staffing firm should provide as part of its solution are a HIPAA-compliant hosted platform to ensure privacy; high-quality video; multiple ways to initiate the session, such as through a virtual waiting room as well as scheduled and on-demand sessions; secure messaging between onsite staff and the telepsychiatrist; and session notes, history, and reporting.
- Orientation and training for both the remote locum tenens provider and your onsite staff. This should include platform orientation and telehealth professionalism training for the psychiatrist.
- Support through email, phone, and chat. This support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
For more information on TelePsych staffing services and how they could benefit your healthcare organization and patients, call 855-301-0563 today to speak with one of Medicus Healthcare Solutions’ experienced business development executives.