An Urgent Care organization based in Florida endeavored to launch the region’s largest COVID-19 testing program. Leadership engaged Medicus to design and deliver a staffing project that would support 20+ locations with a 30-day launch target.
As the COVID-19 pandemic spread, Urgent Care sites across the region were inundated with patients needing testing. The facility staff was working beyond their limits to manage admitted patients and the external testing sites. Without a new model of care, the organization would be faced with:
- Uncontrolled pandemic spread due to unavailable testing.
- Negative market perception due to patient “Left Without Being Seen (LWBS)”.
- Provider burnout.
Executive leadership sought Medicus’ Transition Management services to help mobilize the program. Within 30 days, providers were brought in and trained on the patient care workflow to support all coverage needs. Through our Transition service, we delivered a solution that included:
- A structured program that exceeded organization goals and provider requirements.
- Flexible scheduling for re-deployment of providers to alleviate census increase.
- Accountable program management to expedite communication and increase efficiency.
- Access to coordination and reporting technology to validate effectiveness of the solution.
As a result of our services, patient throughput and volume fluctuations were stabilized with our locum provider team. This allowed the organization to increase marketing efforts and up-scale services as needed. The Medicus Solution:
- Medicus staffed a team of 100+ providers, covering 20 different locations, delivering care to 100’s of patients-per-day.
- Preserved and improved the organization’s integrity as the healthcare leader in the region.
- Enabled the permanent staff to treat the standard patient flow and avoid being overworked.