And four more news items for hospital leaders, practice managers, and other healthcare executives to peruse this week
- As stated in a PR Newswire press release, a provider of cloud-based medical billing and practice management solutions has released a new set of programs to help medical practices better manage patient debt. Version 9.6 of CollaborateMD’s software includes Patient Payment Plans and Patient Notifications, which allow users to create patient payment plans, schedule payment plan installments, and more.
- In a recently published FierceHealthcare article, Scott Caldwell, president and CEO of The Resource Group, suggests hospitals and health systems consider hiring top talent with no experience in the healthcare industry. Moreover, he highlights three approaches leaders can take—such as making a commitment to hiring talented people with qualities that complement their organization’s mission, vision, and values—to realize an uptick in innovative solutions and accelerated growth at their facilities.
- As reported by Hospitals & Health Networks, the American Hospital Association’s (AHA) Health Research & Educational Trust—with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—has released “A Playbook for Fostering Hospital-Community Partnerships to Build a Culture of Health.” The guide, which can be downloaded from the AHA website, contains valuable methods, tools, and strategies for developing new partnerships and maintaining existing successful relationships.
- A Physicians Practice article outlines ways practice managers can observe staff members’ small triumphs. Once leaders establish what constitutes a “win”—such as providers’ completion of chart notes for the day or meeting the day’s “patients seen” goal— they can share the achievements with the whole team, which should lead to a more open, positive work environment.
- Forbes.com features a Q&A piece with Senem Guney, founder and chief experience officer of NarrativeDx, an artificial intelligence (AI) platform that lets administrators look at patients’ reviews and comments concerning their hospital experiences. Among other things, Guney talks about making the patient experience better and how AI is transforming the manner in which healthcare facilities are being held responsible.