Linking you to industry trends, tips, and news
Check out easy-to-orchestrate tips on sustaining workflow when staff members ask for time off over the holidays, 2015’s main trends in healthcare big data analytics, and more in our current edition of Medicus Megabytes.
- In a recent Diagnostic Imaging blog post, author P.J. Cloud-Moulds offers suggestions on how medical practice managers can manage staff requests for time off during the holidays and still effectively maintain workflow processes.
- Looking for last-minute gifts for colleagues who enjoy traveling, be it to locum tenens assignments or other destinations? Yahoo Travel offers 12 ideas, including several that go beyond the usual gear and gadgets, such as Mattel’s View-Master Virtual Reality Viewer and mini luggage tag and passport stamp necklace charms from Jet Set Candy.
- In a Becker’s Health IT and CIO Review post, three physicians share their perspectives on electronic health records and the ways this technology has positively impacted healthcare, from letting multiple clinicians simultaneously access medical data to conveying quality and safety improvements as a result of built-in clinical decision support.
- Last week, Physician’s Money Digest columnist Ed Rubinowitz delved into the topic of physician compensation caps—particularly as they relate to doctors who practice in hospitals or are in employed situations—and the “fair market value” terms used to establish their limit.
- In an article published earlier this month, HealthITAnalytics.com’s Jennifer Bresnick reflects on five of this year’s leading big data analytics trends—from the Internet of Things to population health management—and how they are helping to shape healthcare’s future.