Linking you to industry trends, tips, and news
To keep facility representatives, locum tenens providers, and other healthcare professionals abreast of industry trends, tips, and helpful news items, we are pleased to introduce, “Medicus Megabytes: Weekly Roundup.” Be sure to look for this regular feature every week on the Medicus blog!
Read on to see what we have for you this week, and let us know if you come across something we should consider for our next installment.
- Are you interested in finding must-see locales and feeling more at home on your next locum tenens assignment? The Business Insider recommends five free travel apps that can help.
- According to EHRIntelligence.com, a study published by the Commonwealth Fund in association with the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation finds primary care providers regard health IT use favorably but continue to have reservations about the advantages of accountable care organizations (ACOs) and patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs).
- Have you received payment from a pharmaceutical manufacturer or group purchasing organization (GPO) for a speaking engagement, educational materials, or other items relative to the Open Payments program? Medical Economics shares seven steps you can take to confirm the financial data reported about you is correct.
- Speaking to both the shortage of qualified physicians and high cost of healthcare, in a recent report, NBC News asks, “Are nurse practitioners an adequate replacement for doctors?”
- Lower gas prices and a more solid labor market are two factors contributing to what’s expected to be busy a Labor Day weekend for travelers. And, as reported by FOX News, the forecast isn’t limited to road traffic. If you’re flying to or from a locum tenens opportunity, you should know AAA estimates 2.6 million people will be taking to the skies, making for the highest volume of Labor Day air travel since 2007.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!