First celebrated in 2017, National Locum Tenens Week takes place annually during the second full week of August. Established and led by the National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations® (NALTO®), it provides those in the locum tenens staffing industry an annual platform for honoring the important role of temporary clinicians.
Medicus Healthcare Solutions continuously sings the praises of the exceptional providers we represent, and we are thrilled to observe National Locum Tenens Week. These clinicians play a significant role in combatting the physician shortage and in delivering continuity of quality care to patients and their families across the country.
We encourage others—including our client facilities and leaders at other hospitals, health systems, clinics, and practices—to take part in this meaningful, yearly event. If you are a hospital administrator, practice manager, or healthcare executive who would like to acknowledge the efforts of locum tenens physicians and/or advanced practitioners on assignment within your organization, here are a few suggestions for joining the festivities:
- Thank locum tenens clinicians with a card. If you’re a little more tech savvy, you could create a short “thank you” video featuring peers, administrators, and other permanent staff members paying tribute to your locum tenens clinicians. Then share it on your social network.
- Hold a recognition breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Decorate the lounge in recognition of National Locum Tenens Week.
- Bring in baked goods or some favorite treats and invite staff to follow suit.
- Offer temporary clinicians with small but meaningful perks, such as VIP parking spots or vouchers for a complimentary car wash.
- Make a charitable donation in their honor.
- Use #LocumTenensWeek in social media posts throughout the week, August 12 – 16 this year.
Celebrating 2019 National Locum Tenens Week demonstrates your appreciation of the vital services that physicians and other clinicians who practice locum tenens contribute throughout the year.
Learn how Medicus Healthcare Solutions can help you meet your staffing needs by calling 855.301.0563 to speak with one of our experienced business development executives.