Unlocking Opportunities: 7 Benefits of Working Locum Tenens with the Veterans Health Administration
As the largest integrated healthcare network in the United States, the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) plays a vital role in providing medical care for, the Veterans Health Administration offers many unique and rewarding opportunities for government locum tenens physicians and advanced practitioners. You will have the opportunity to work with a known patient population, be a part of a collaborative work environment, enjoy a flexible schedule, and more. These benefits not only provide a fulfilling career but also contribute to the well-being of our nation's heroes.
7 Benefits of Working Locum Tenens with The Veterans Health Administration
- One of the most compelling advantages of working VA locum tenens jobs with the Veterans Health Administration is the freedom to practice across state lines with only one active state license. As long as you possess an active, non-restricted state license in the U.S., you can seamlessly work in any state. This eliminates the need for obtaining licenses across multiple states, effectively streamlining the process and mitigating the common administrative obstacles associated with acquiring new state licenses.
- Certain VA locum tenens positions offer lower patient volumes and acuity, making it easier to manage your workload. This also allows you to spend more time with patients, enabling you to build stronger relationships and provide personalized care.
- For those who value a more traditional work schedule, some VA locum tenens assignments offer regular hours, such as 9-5. Low to no call volumes further contribute to a more predictable and manageable workload. This can lead to reduced burnout and an overall more balanced work-life schedule.
- VA locum tenens assignments tend to be longer-term, ranging from 6 months to 5 years. This can be attractive to locum tenens who prefer consistent work assignments but still want to enjoy the benefits of government locum tenens work.
- The Veterans Health Administration has facilities nationwide, allowing you to travel and explore new places while increasing access to care for Veterans. Plus, you can enjoy hassle-free housing with onsite options.
- Many of The Veterans Health Administration hospitals are teaching hospitals. This provides you with a valuable opportunity to work and mentor residents and fellows. This collaboration allows you to share your expertise while benefiting from their fresh insights and access to cutting-edge technology. It also helps distribute the workload, enabling better patient care and fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement in healthcare.
Whether you're an experienced locum tenens physician or advanced practitioner or considering VA locum tenens work for the first time, the Veterans Health Administration presents an opportunity to combine your medical skills with a sense of purpose. By expanding and providing quality healthcare to our Veterans, you can make a meaningful difference and contribute to the overall well-being of our nation's heroes.